CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A New Year

I can't believe it is February already! Dan and I have been married now for almost 7 months. Time has flown by, but we love being together. It is such a blessing to be able to see one another everyday instead of just weekends. I am so happy I am done with school and that I am living in Grand Rapids again. It is so wonderful to be able to see my friends and family more often now. Dan and I have been keeping busy with work, but we still have time for fun too! This past weekend we had tickets to go see the Pistons in Detroit, it was a blast! We sat in the upper deck, but you can still see pretty good from up there. We have been to a few of their games in the past, and we always seem to have a great time. We always stay with Dan's friend from Calvin, Jonny, when we go to Detroit. Jonny recently bought a house this past summer and we were very eager to see it. Also, he just got that gaming system called the Wii so I got to see Dan and Jonny play that all afternoon on Saturday. Let me tell you it is a riot to watch people play that! I haven't played myself yet, but it looks really fun! We had to cut our afternoon short though because we got word that there was a terrible storm in Grand Rapids and along the lake shore so we had to start heading back in case it took us all night to get back. We got several phone calls advising us to not drive but we thought we could make it. We really appreciated everyone caring about us so much! (Thanks Tiece!) We got to Lansing and that's when the roads and the visibility were getting worse. It took us a little while longer than normal to get back into town but we made it safe and sound. We are very thankful we didn't end up in the ditch!
This next weekend should be pretty fun too! Dan and I both made plans with our friends to get out of town for the weekend. Dan and Rob are going ice fishing up north near the bridge and I planned a girls weekend to Schaumburg, IL to go shopping! I hope it isn't too cold for the boys! More to come later....

3 comments:

Leticia said...

Allison~

Welcome to the world of Blogging and thanks for including us on your links! You'll have to get some more pictures up of you and Dan (especially wedding pictures!). I'm SO glad that you guys made it back safe a couple of weekends ago! I was really worried (must be the mother in me :)). I've been thinking that we still need to plan a night to The Bresa, let me know when works best for you and we'll round up the troops! Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Tiece

Anonymous said...

Allison-

I love you!

Love, the best sister in the world!

gretchenjohnson said...

Allison...
time to update :)